USC UCEDD Consumer Advisory Committee
Because the CAC brings the lens of the lived experience of people we serve, the membership of the USC UCEDD’s Community Advisory Committee will consist of 20-24 members (not including DD Network Partners). 85% will be individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) and/or family members who:
Represent a constituency group to maximize input and decisions that will be relevant to large groups of people (LA County has over 9 million residents, 1/3 of the state’s population). Examples include:
- Parent Training and Information Centers
- Community Parent Resource Centers
- Family Resource Centers
- Family Empowerment Centers
- Specific disability-focused organizations (e.g., Fragile X Association of Southern California, Autism Society Los Angeles, Down Syndrome Association, etc.)
- Fiesta Educativa
- Minority consumer organizations
- Centers for Independent Living
- Consumer Advocates, Regional Centers
- People First of California
- Local Self-Advocacy Group representatives
- Peer Self-Advocacy Unit, Disability Rights CA
- Reside in Los Angeles County and contiguous geographic areas (because of the high costs of travel and the presence of two other UCEDDs in California).
- Reflect the diversity of our state, racial, ethnic, linguistic, sexual orientation, and other identities
- Represent types of disabilities across a spectrum of need (but majority intellectual and developmental disabilities) and across the lifespan
- Professional and other service system representatives (who represent content expertise needed by the UCEDD) for one-term only and not to exceed 15 % of the total size of the CAC.
In addition, DD Network Partners are mandatory participants and include representatives of:
- Disability Rights CA
- State Council on Developmental Disabilities
- Tarjan Center, UCEDD at UCLA
- CEDD at UC Davis MIND Institute
The USC UCEDD CAC is governed by Policies and Procedures developed by an ad-hoc committee of its members with faculty/staff.
Our thanks to all members of the USC UCEDD CAC for your active participation and commitment!