We at the USC UCEDD do our best to maintain a website that is accessible to all users by:
- Maintaining a high contrast between background and text colors.
- Giving images alternate text and titles
- Alternate text is read by screen readers in order to describe an image.
- Titles appear when an image won’t load properly. They also pop-up when you hover your mouse over an image.
- Making hyperlinks underlined and blue so they stand out from the rest of the text.
- Highlighting hyperlinks and navigation buttons whenever the mouse rolls over them.
- Enabling the “tab" feature for scrolling through the site.
- When you visit our website, if you hit the “tab” key, you will be able to “scroll” through the links and buttons on each page. The current link you are “on” will be outlined with a blue box.
- If you pass by a link and want to go back to it, hold the “shift” key while hitting “tab” and you will go backwards through the order.
- To select a link, hit “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Providing an “Accessibility Toolbar” to enable adjustments to the font size of the content portion of each webpage. The Accessibility Toolbar is located in the top right-hand corner of each webpage.
- A - : Decreases the font size in the content portion of the webpage. Each successive selection of this button will continue to decrease the font size.
- A : Resets the font size of the content portion of the webpage back to the default.
- A + : Increases the font size of the content portion of the webpage. Each successive selection of this button will continue to increase the font size.
- Each of the content sections of our page has three icons at the top of the section:
- We have a “Search” field in the upper right-hand corner of every page.
- To “zoom-in” for the entire site, hit “Ctrl” and the “+” on a PC or “Command” and “+” on a Mac. You can continue to zoom in, by continuing to hit these buttons in succession.
- To “zoom-out” for the entire site, hit “Ctrl” and the “-” on a PC or “Command” and “-” on a Mac. You can continue to zoom out, by continuing to hit these buttons in succession.
- To return to the normal zoom level, hit “Ctrl” and the “0” (zero) on a PC or “Command” and “0” (zero)on a Mac.
We strive to keep our site well-organized, easy to navigate, and easy to access for everyone. If you notice something on our site that makes it difficult for you or someone you know to use, please contact us.